16 Oct 2017, Amanzimtoti, Kwa-Zulu Natal: Twenty children were injured this afternoon when they were stung by numerous bees at a school in Amanzimtoti, KwaZulu Natal.
ER24 paramedics arrived on the scene at approximately 15h11 and were lead into the school hall to the awaiting children. Upon assessment, paramedics found that twenty children, aged between two and six, had sustained bee stings.
Paramedics from ER24 assessed the children and assisted by removing the stings. Fortunately, none of the children require transportation to a hospital.
The children were left in the care of the teachers.